HM Executive and Harrison McMillan have a lengthy past of working with local councils and was able to successfully use this experience to meet the unique requirements that councils have. Understanding these and utilising our innovative and transparent methodology, placed HM Executive in a well-placed position to aid the specific needs of the CEO Executive Recruitment project for the City of Holdfast Bay.
Leaning on years of executive recruitment experience, our Managing Director, Jodi Walton recently filled the vacant CEO position at the City of Holdfast Bay. Working collaboratively with the 12 council members, Jodi was able to facilitate and end to end Executive recruitment project, including advertising in the State paper, conducting phone and video interviews, face to face interviews and facilitating panel interviews.
HM Executive won this work through the tender process, detailing an individually designed recruitment project to meet the needs and requirements for the City of Holdfast Bay.
- Stage one – Managing Director Jodi Walton went out to the City of Holdfast Bay to take a thorough brief, to understand the position requirements and the qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities, organisational culture fit and experience that are required within the position.
- Stage Two – Advertising, Jodi crafted a specific ad targeting all requirements for Seek as well as the Adelaide Advertiser. The ad was further shared on social Media.
- Stage Three – Marketing Mapping and Strategic Sourcing and Headhunting & Source and Assessment of applications using a traffic light approach
- Stage Four – Shortlisting Matrix, including video interviews, Telephone screen notes and in person interview notes
- Stage Five – Select applicants to interview, book and schedule interviews, attendance at Panel interview, facilitation of panel interview with 12 council members, undertake reference checks and Aptitude testing
- Stage Six – Post Selection process, Resume face checking, offer management, verbally redirecting unsuccessful candidates
Jodi and the team at HM Executive were able to successfully deliver the Executive recruitment project on time and on budget. They were able to work to all deadlines set by the City of Holdfast Bay, as well as find a number of suitable candidates from which they were able to select their preferred candidate, who is now in the role.
Harrison McMillan Key Personnel
Jodi Walton – Managing Director – Jodi possesses over 20 years of recruitment and human resource experience and is known for her calm, professional and people-oriented approach to consulting. Jodi worked closely with the Mayor Amanda Wilson, and HR Manager Sharon Sommerville to delivery the best outcome for the City of Holdfast Bay. Throughout the Executive Recruitment project, Jodi was the Account Manager and oversaw the timely delivery of promised outcomes and time frames, conducing and facilitating face to face interviews, and report writing, she personally handled candidates queries and questions.
Julie Jardine – Recruitment Manager – Julie comes from an extensive background in Defence and Procurement, with Lean process and people management experience. She was responsible for the initial assessment of applications, along with some candidate management and coordination.
Bow Wembridge – Business Support Officer – Bow is an administration and coordinator extraordinaire, who undertook the responsibility for all administration tasks, including providing technical support